Barby C of E School Governors work together on the Academy Governance Committee (AGC). This is the local aspect of PDET’s Trust-wide governance scheme. The AGC operates as a committee of the Trust Board of Directors who have delegated to it a range of responsibilities according to the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation.
A key responsibility of the AGC is for setting Barby CE School’s vision and values in partnership with the academy community, ensuring they are aligned with the Trust’s overarching vision and its commitment to equality. The AGC then monitors that the vision and values are being ‘lived out’ in all aspects of the life of the academy.
The AGC also monitors, provides support and promotes development in three board areas of the academy’s operation …
- Compliance: monitoring conformity with statutory obligations and with policies – both local and Trust-wide policies.
- Church: preserving and developing the church school ethos, Christian values and local church relationship.
- Community: developing and supporting engagement within the whole school community and with the local community – always embracing inclusivity.
When fully populated Barby C of E School AGC comprises eight members: 2 parent governors; 2 community governors; 2 church governors; a staff governor and the headteacher. Parent governors and the staff governor are elected posts and the headteacher serves ex officio.
Governors serve a four-year term and elect a chair from among their number.
For details of Trust governance and details of the AGC's role click this link.
Please address your email, ‘For the Attention of Dr Gordon Temple, Chair of Academy Governance Committee’.
Our Parent Governors can be contacted by email:
All Governor vacancies are advertised on the school website, in the school’s newsletters and externally if necessary.
Meet our Governors (insert photo with name label as on safeguarding page)
- Dave Wickstead, Community Dave Wickstead, Community
- Mr Steve Benson, Vice Chair Mr Steve Benson, Vice Chair
- Mrs Kelly Gamage, Staff Mrs Kelly Gamage, Staff
- Mrs Sally Beaton, Headteacher Mrs Sally Beaton, Headteacher
- Natasha Van Werkhoven, Community Natasha Van Werkhoven, Community
AGC Committee Members Information
Business or Pecuniary Interests Information
Attendance at Meetings Information