- Mr Dave Wickstead, Safeguarding Governor Mr Dave Wickstead, Safeguarding Governor
- Mrs S Bedi DSL Mrs S Bedi DSL
- Mrs Cara Bolton, DSL Lead Mrs Cara Bolton, DSL Lead
- Mr Steve Hier, Deputy DSL Mr Steve Hier, Deputy DSL
A key responsibility of the AGC is for setting Barby CE School’s vision and values in partnership with the academy community, ensuring they are aligned with the Trust’s overarching vision and its commitment to equality. The AGC then monitors that the vision and values are being ‘lived out’ in all aspects of the life of the academy.
The AGC also monitors, provides support and promotes development in three board areas of the academy’s operation …
- Compliance: monitoring conformity with statutory obligations and with policies – both local and Trust-wide policies.
- Church: preserving and developing the church school ethos, Christian values and local church relationship.
- Community: developing and supporting engagement within the whole school community and with the local community – always embracing inclusivity.
When fully populated Barby C of E School AGC comprises eight members: 2 parent governors; 2 community governors; 2 church governors; a staff governor and the headteacher. Parent governors and the staff governor are elected posts and the headteacher serves ex officio.
Governors serve a four-year term and elect a chair from among their number.
For details of Trust governance and details of the AGC's role click this link.
Please address your email, ‘For the Attention of Dr Gordon Temple, Chair of Academy Governance Committee’.
Our Parent Governors can be contacted by email:
All Governor vacancies are advertised on the school website, in the school’s newsletters and externally if necessary.
Meet our Governors (insert photo with name label as on safeguarding page)
- Dr Gordon Temple Dr Gordon Temple
- Dave Wickstead, Community Dave Wickstead, Community
- Mr Steve Benson, Vice Chair Mr Steve Benson, Vice Chair
- Mrs Kelly Gamage, Staff Mrs Kelly Gamage, Staff
- Natasha Van Werkhoven, Community Natasha Van Werkhoven, Community
- Mrs S Bedi Headteacher Mrs S Bedi Headteacher
AGC Committee Members Information
Business or Pecuniary Interests Information
|AGC Business and Pecuniary Interest Register 2021-22||Download|
|AGC Business and Pecuniary Interest Register 2020-21||Download|
Attendance at Meetings Information